Sunday 28 February 2016

The Countdown Is On

The wait is almost over! 31 days until I fly out to the states on an adventure of a lifetime.
I’m sorry for the lack of posts & updates lately but I have been so busy planning our wedding/working & attending social activities that I just haven’t had the time to put any words down.
But I promise in the future I will be making more frequent posts/updates (especially while I’m away).
I also have a few DIY craft projects coming up so ill make sure i pop those up as well.

Today I started heavily researching New York as it’s the first stop on the trip & I want to make sure that I experience everything the Big Apple has to offer . I don’t just want to just go to your typical tourist spots & food chains. I also like to experience the amazing food on offer which will include many bagels, pizzas & doughnuts. I have even discovered a cool Coffee shop that is run by 2 Australian guys which is called ‘Two Hands’ so I know at least I will get one cup of decent coffee while im away (sorry everyone but I must admit I don’t have much faith in American coffee)…..From the previous experiences i have had lets just say it was pretty bad.

I have actually compiled a spread sheet listing places to eat/see/drink ect… and their areas in NYC so if anyone else is heading to New York in the future & is keen for some tips hit me up/send me a email & id be more than happy to send you through a copy.

I honestly feel that 6 days isn’t going to be enough in this amazing city. But I plan to hit it hard & save the rest/sleep in period for when we are in Boston/Syracuse. Don’t get me wrong these places have some great things to see & do as well. But they are going to be nothing compared to NYC as they say its the city that never sleeps.

We also recently got our new walking shoes & have started to break them in & I’m honestly in love. Its like walking on clouds. For those of you who travel or walk a lot I would recommend the Skechers GOwalk range. They are so light weight & comfortable. The best part is that you can just chuck them in your washing machine when they get a bit smelly/dirty. Which I imagine I will need to do regularly over our 6 week journey.

See you soon New York City!



No comments:

Post a Comment